PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged:A couple of prangs in Sth Island.
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2007, 09:18
First_Principal

Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts
Thumbs down

It strikes me that the time has come for us all to show a little respect here, and that things have been getting a bit OTT.

I recently had the tragic experience of reading (in Pprune) of the death of a pilot in Australia and then taking a 'phone call from a friend just a few minutes later to tell me that his a member of his family was that pilot. I was able to pass on the details of the Pprune thread that contained, amongst other things, a very touching and eloquent piece of prose that he later commented on, I think it helped a lot in fact.

I don't think I'd do the same for this thread I'm disappointed to say .

A young woman, one of our compatriots, has died and whilst it's all very well to try and learn from that at some stage it's entirely inappropriate, IMO, to carry on this sort of brawling in public . If you want to have a go at each other or wibble about how much more you know than everyone else then how about doing it in another thread, or in private, or better still shut it entirely 'cos it does us all a disservice and could only increase the heatache of the youngsters family should they read it all.

I am in the curious position, it would appear, of being able to delete this thread and if it weren't for some decent comments made by a few people I believe I would. For the others if any of you feel like editing or removing your posts then be my guest, it might show a sensitivity and maturity that has been sadly lacking to date.