PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged:A couple of prangs in Sth Island.
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2007, 21:32
kiwi chick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks empacher48 you've pretty much summed up what I meant

hoggsnortrupert

I'm not sure that you've totally understood me here? I wasn't going to bother replying, but your title (spelt wrong, I might add! ) "Quitting With Dignity" really got my goat - this implies that I have said or done something to embarrass myself, and I should shut up before doing even more so.

It doesn't really matter to me what your opinion of me is, but I do care what others on this forum - who I have come to like and respect - may think, based on your comments. Hence my reply

I never once said you should be in that situation to start with - not in my job or hers. Emapcher48's job is a different story. I also realise (with my very little time and experience) that there is a lot more to mountain flying than wind direction and lee side, hence my comment:

ie wind direction, consequences, lee side etc... I don't need to go on, you all know what I mean.
You say:

There has been no one making aspertions as to what happened, comments only to some very immature stuff.
Yet comment number #13 was:

Strong winds in a mountainous region...
All we're doing is having a grown-up discussion about the whats, whys, and wherefores. We're human.

And finally, no, I am not a "wannab" I get paid very well to fly