PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Apache/Tornado navs
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2001, 14:14
HeliAviator

Just beating the air into submission!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear You Ain't seen me....big words from someone so small as to hide their identity. And as if you would know..........Pathetic!

I do not for one second doubt the need for quality pilots in the Corps especially for the AH64 However explain how all but two new blood arrivals from the "school" to Wattashame were graded below average or worse whilst I was there. That is what I base my critisms on. The AH64 is a potent weapon much needed by todays Army, It need however the very best aircrew to get the best out of a limited resource.

As to the small mindedness of SH only flying "ash and trash", DJ, you always were one for a good hook and windup But for those that wish to jump in on what SH can or can't do bandwagon, please reseach the subject. To help you out here are just a few disciplines that are regulary carried out:
Internal loads
Single/tandem/triple underslung loads
Proceedural Instrument Flying
Low flying (naturally - we all do)
Tac fmn
NVG tac fmn
Ship ops
Desert ops
Snow ops
Jungle ops
Winching
Gunnery
ECM
1v1 / 2v1 / 2v2 Fighter evasion

This list in not exhaustive, but he point is you the AAC are good at what you do in your own small sphere of aviation. We are good at what we do in a much larger aircraft in a much larger sphere. Touche!

Badger

[ 21 October 2001: Message edited by: HeliAviator ]