PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Europa 738 at Katowice?
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2007, 19:49
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jagohu, please read ALL of the previous thread before making accusatory comment. As has been stated several times already, unless you have heard a transcript of what RVR was passed to this crew immediately prior to OM or 1000' please make no further presumptions as to the legality of this approach. Furthermore unless you were sitting under the aircraft as it passed above you at 200' can you confirm that the "break" in the BKN001 ( do you actually even know what that means ? ) didn't happen to be over the threshold, or indeed that the density of the clouds ( ever heard of vv ? no probably not , but I won't complicate it further for you) could have allowed sufficient reference due to the H igh I ntensity approach L ighting system, or am I speaking a foreign language here? Please leave those of us who have an inkling of what is involved free from further silly suggestions and suppositions. PS, it was 600m on the 09 end, don't you think therefore that it is just a teensy weensy bit possible that he just might have had 550 for his approach and that we should be concentrating our discussion / speculation on why / how it all went so horribly wrong after minima ,rather than whether the approach should have been commenced. I think that is where we should be looking if we want to learn anything.

Last edited by captplaystation; 29th Oct 2007 at 21:24.