PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS Q400 gear collaps CPH 27/10
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2007, 16:44
THEICEMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who else found corrossion on the gears? Please tell me!
No I can name source...conflict of interest.

Bombardier released those procedures to see if other carriers are finding corrossion.
So far, Horizon (which operates always next to the pacific) has found no corrossion. ANA is all good, except for that maint. issue last march.

I'm sure SAS tech is good. But they did not do a good job on the Q400. Ask yourselfs.....why SAS three times in a row? (with the exception of Augsburg air T.b.a)
RTO: According to a mechanic friend of mine SAS have a history of changing aircraft specs to ridiculous ones,
That's not normal!

The ATRs are good airplanes. But not like the Q400....
ASK Quantas & the many other carriers who will order it!

Think about this.......once they X-SAS Q400s start flying with somebody else, will see how many problems will arise? If this is in fact a Maint. issue, will see what kind of reputation SAS will have in the end!

I do believe that Bombardier & Goodrich is also to blame.....but you guys cannot deny that SAS must share a big part of the blame! Once o.k, twice wow, three times c'mon!
What are those junior AMEs doing!

You guys talk about stable Q400 rep......well thank SAS for that! Bombardier should of refused them as clients if they would have known!