PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DHL aircraft under attack
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2007, 08:54
Don't Have Laws

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I heard, that yesterday again, there was a very grave incident. A mortar landed in Mosul at the exact location where the B727 parks, but luckily it landed on the spot 45 minutes before the arrival of the aircraft.

Of course, as usual, nobody from Air Traffic Control bothered to inform the crew until they landed and parked the airplane. It is obvious, that the daily security briefs from DHL security IN Iraq are an absolute joke ,as always, and provide no safety at all.

DHL management has pretented so far ,despite a pattern of strong evidences,that the airplane is not being targetted, and that these incidents are just random.

To me, the managers have shown serious negligence ( criminal negligence in my opinion ) and incompetence. These incidents are extremely serious and life threatening. The people responsible for ordering these flights are knowligly taking chances with the lives of the crewmembers while trying to hide the dangers to them.

I am also extremely disappointed by The Saudi CAA, which doesn't act to prohibit such unsafe operations.