PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS Q400 gear collaps CPH 27/10
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2007, 07:38
THEICEMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow the level of B.S is just incredible! G.S Willy.."technical standard in SAS is very good, apart from the standard on the Q400"
What a stupid statement!

Of course it's a problem with SAS technical. They have been using junior AMEs on the aircraft since the beginning. No wonder why it kept having problems...why just SAS? Ask Horizon what they think about the Q400? THEY FLY IN COASTAL AREAS MOSTLY!!

Well, from a good source, I have been told that the problems at SAS...the first two where due to a substance on the gear that SAS was using. A corrosive non aviation substance. Let me say again NON AVIATION grade substance that SAS mechanic's where using.

The ANA incident was a maint. issue (a bolt that was not installed right/loose/missing - you tell me)

I don't want to start crap across the pound, but I have noticed that Europeans have been way too critical against N.American aircraft...believe me when I say that ATR is not half the A/C that the Q400 is! Th Q400 is the best 70-80 seat turbo prop in the world & nobody can dispute that!

Conclusion:
management made a good choice to dump the fleet since people are scared ****less! But SAS is to blame!

Maybe if they would of let somebody else take care of the airplanes, all would be fine!
Thank you SAS who have ruined the imagine of a super aircraft!

Hopefully the Danish people are told the truth about what is going on! Not the B.S their politicians are feeding them because of "Elections"