PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL Pilot Exodus
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2007, 07:37
planestupid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am terribly dismayed by the recent events that have hit PAL in the last year. Even though I am extremely glad I no longer represent the company, It will always be apart of me and what troubles me is that I will enevitably have to watch on the news a tradgedy that could have fully been prevented.
Do people really need to get hurt or worse... die before PAL changes their ways? The answer is YES. Watch this space!!!! I will see people die in the next few years from a PAL plane due to CRM problems.
You may ask where does CRM start? On the Flight Deck? In the pilots lounge? Your Chief Pilot? AVP Flight Ops? VP Flight OPS? President? CEO? Not so far in the future LT (if he doesn't die first) will address the public because of his planes are crashing. He will blame the PAL management and in turn will blame the pilots.... but the truth is CRM ALWAYS STARTS FROM THE TOP. If there is no interest there.... it will never happen. The only solution is the Filipinos passengers will have to die for the CRM problems at PAL to improve.
You might be shocked to hear that it will get this bad!! Let me ask you..... show me one Second Officer at PAL that has challenged his senior and survived being 'Endorsed'? Show me one FO at PAL that has challenged his Captain? Do you heard about how an FO that saved the Captain from making a bad landing and forced a GA? I know of 2 FOs that didn't force a GA. Tacloban and last week.
What are the solutions? This is an open forum.... no endorsing here!!!!

P.S here is one solution...... LEAVE!
for those interested: Lots of Jobs in the middle east and Asia that pay better and don't encourage the BS at PAL.