PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 7
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 7
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2007, 23:42
starship

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am told that the departure boards do not change to "go to gate" until 45 minutes before departure now to maximise the time that the pax stay in departures and spend money. Is this true?

Frequently we have to leave early just to arrive at destination and then back into NCL on time because block times are squeezed ever shorter and flight times are not. 45 minutes becomes 30 when he who wants that last pint decides he has time, and 30 becomes 15 when he looks at screen and sees go to gate. 15 becomes 10 when slow moving people decide to stop for a paper, and then bus waits as flight is coaching to remote. Of course the ambulift is in demand and WCHR pax board last because they have been delivered via another aircraft, and are not happy.

Problems start at security when frequently there has been only half of the channels open, and queues are back to the charter check in area. Anyone remember those queues recently?

Why? It is cost and who pays for extra service? No one wants to if it is not necessary. It is business at the end of the day.

Inbound - a wait for ambulift is not uncommon, coaching can be a problem - why? Because in a rush period there is insufficient facilities. The end of this is the queue in immigration, which has been marginally improved recently.

I do think that there is an effort being made to improve what is available at Newcastle, and hopefully Emirates will work out and prove long haul scheduled is viable. I don't think anyone would allow Emirates to wait for 25 minutes for assistance for passengers, because that would be seen as bad service. Focus can become specific.

Happy flying!