PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2007, 17:10
Tags

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indeed, but what is one to do half way through negotiations - Boyd is so distanced from the crew in that the union has not even sought to ask what we wanted to achieve out of the negotiations... how does that work....in short it doesn't !
IMHO Boyd is a Muppet. We all agree on that. I haven't spoken to a single member of crew or one of your company council members that has any respect for him. After he recommended the first deal, the one you all over whelmingly rejected, and released that crappy statement to the press, your reps should have asked him to stand down and use another of the union’s negotiators. It is your union and your negotiation - if you are not happy, you should have spoken up earlier.

Kasual Observer's take on it is spot on. When the pilots were negotiating, all of us understood the deal in its entirety, and the implications of balloting for a strike. Our reps made sure of that with presentations & very well attended member’s road shows. That is not the case with a huge number of your colleagues.

I think you have done very well to get this far; feelings are strong, but sadly I don't think enough members will strike if this pay deal is rejected. That will, without doubt, give the company the upper hand in all future negotiations.

I too believe you should be paid more money, and I also wish you luck.

PS. Not sure about the postal backlog, not seen anything on the news, although I do see a comment on the Royal Mail website about it. Again this should be something that your union is communicating to you about!!

Last edited by Tags; 28th Oct 2007 at 17:23. Reason: spelling