PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet buys GB Airways
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2007, 12:20
A P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Luck

To all that knew me at GB, sorry to hear that GB is to be no more IMHO GB did well to survive this long. (I gave it 2 years in 2004).

There is life outside GB, I have had a more enjoyable time in the last 3 years than I did in my last 5 years at GB, for me leaving GB has been personally extremely positive and I suspect most GB'ers will feel the same after 12 months.

Well, it could have been better; a stock market flotation or a (competent) management buyout and someone with the vision and mostly the cojones to make it either into a viable Full Service Shorthaul Operator to compete with BA on BA's turf, or a JetBlue style 'Low Cost' airline offering a bit more than the others an serving the longer routes. However by 2002 most of the interesting, stimulating possibilities or opportunities had been dismissed.

It could also have been a lot worse, at least you will be part of an airline that is managed for profit, grabs opportunities and does reinvest, but mostly is free to 'paddle its own canoe', 'kick its own football' as it wishes.

In the end most pilots feel just as sh@gged reporting at 0430 or finishing at 0230 no matter who you fly for or how much they pay you,!! Quality of life is important and you should maybe ask yourselves how good that has been for the last few years.

Good Luck,

A P