PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2007, 10:13
scoobydooo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is the same as a vote of NO CONFIDENCE in your elected reps. Now, you are again talking of ignoring their advice of acceptance and you are prepared to go into industrial action?
Indeed, but what is one to do half way through negotiations - Boyd is so distanced from the crew in that the union has not even sought to ask what we wanted to achieve out of the negotiations... how does that work....in short it doesn't !

He recommended the last offer which even you KO must think was terrible. So to suddenly have confidence in him on this recommendation is not going to happen. I just hope the formation of Unite bringing the unions together will perhaps change us from being a walkover/pushover by offering backdated pay at Christmas (to be taxed) and then everyone in January goes, "oh.. it's a lot less than I expected I would not have voted for it if I had know It would be so little" ..dejavu The sad thing is we said when this started that the company would drag this out till now just to offer that carrot !

p.s. if the pilots had a postal ballot due in 5 days and Royalmail had a backlog of post to clear would you accept the result of the ballot or expect it to b extended ? Genuine question.