PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet buys GB Airways
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2007, 09:17
D4VE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No real answers as yet just rumours, however BA are operating to GIB next year and on the always make money routes such as AGP and FAO. No matter how cheap easy is we know ourselves that there are some pax (especially the wealthy ones) who will only travel with BA, and they will make a few quid.
I understand that the first logo'd 321 will be what was going to be TTIG (or whatever reg easy have now pre-booked), subject to the deal going through - which it will!
The bottom line is that easy has provded us with an identity that we didn't have, a future about as secure as it can be at the moment and who knows what else to come (long haul maybe) What i find ironic is that GB could have been the airline that Easy has become. They didn't listen to anyone when Stelios leased a couple of 737's off us (ie the 'easy will never get into LGW' and 'easy will never threaten us at LGW' and 'it's not sustainable they will overstretch themselves' brigade.
There will be a few downers of course, particularly the colour scheme , there are issues such as DOJ which must be achievable and maybe the opportunity to change base; overall in 12 months time i think that at least 90% of us (line crew that is! The office staff obviously not!) will be happier, seems that our Channel Islands contingent will be the ones who must be most upset as i wonder how they will commute without the interline travel. We also wont have to listen to some of the 'that's it i'm off to easy' whingers anymore - but those types will never be happy!

Easy on the radio always sounded like Geebee anyway!!