PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NJS Pilots - 97% vote for Protected Industrial Action
Old 26th Oct 2007, 16:06
Charliethewonderdog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So do you think they deposed Saddam to secure more oil or to drive up the price?
ummmm YES. I actaully do.

I can tell you that the owners of NJS would be very aware of what's going on.
...and I'll tell you that you are dead right and they would be b]very concerned.

All I'm saying is that you need to accept that being a pilot is a profession that is always labelled as being overpaid.
All I am saying is this perception should be adrressed in sam way, be it advertising or a media campaign, I know all my friends now now how **** we get paid.

Mainly because if you asked anyone on the street if they would like to be a pilot a good number would say yes.
Not if you explained to them what they had to sacrifice to get that piloting job. Infact if I had my time again it would be a tough decision to do it.

Ask someone if a toilet cleaner should get more money and most will say Yes.
and they do, 100k a year 2 weeks on 1 one week off...... thats if NJ dont leave them on the mine site.

Ask someone if a pilot should get paid more and most would say no.
ask that same person after you have told them what a RFDS pilot earns and what an Ambo earns, then ask them to explain the discrepancy.

Will education help? No unless you can convince people that being a pilot isn't fun.
What normal person would do something for FUN if it meant continually be screwed over, ah yes....... this I agree with you.

Pilots= week as piss.