PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How can we educate the Public on the Pilot Shortage!
Old 26th Oct 2007, 15:14
Charliethewonderdog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup.. I reckon that's what you should advertise in The Australian.
yer and we could advertise that they are going to pay around $5 dollars a seat to keep an aussie pilot from leaving over seas.

Lets look at Doctors, now thats a proffession thats got it's **** together.

Why do doctors get paid so much????? It's because they go to uni for 8 years and work really hard....etc.... no it's not.

The AMA in conjunction with the goverment controls HOW many doctors are trained every year, There is ALAWYS a shortage, thus keeping them always in demand.
How many stories a year do you here about that small country town that can't keep a local GP and has to share one with the town next door??? why you ask??? because there is not enough, doctors are not going to want to live in woop woop on the money they are on. They want that house in torak.. and the BMW just doesn't look cool parked next to a ute with a blue heeler on the back out the front of the Birchip shops. The AMA will always make sure there is a shortage??? have you ever heard about an unemployed doctor???

Now along comes me with my Billion dollars, I open up a Unerversity, just for doctors and I start pumping out 100 qualified doctors a month, soon there is more doctors then postitions, and now suddenly doctors are fighting for that job in woop woop and the conditions start to fall. Thats Supply and demand.