PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R44 corrosion/"stoppo motors" merged threads
Old 26th Oct 2007, 14:17
belly tank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike,
You beat me to the thread!!.......im so glad youve raised this because we are experiencing the exact same problem....we run a few machines here on the east coast of australia and some being R22 / R44's we have a 18 month old
R44 R1 which the tailboom is riddled with signs of corrosion and at the next 100 inspection we are forced to remove the tailboom due to this problem, for a complete strip down.
We are going to have to do a proper job through our maintenance dept......our R22 is 10 months old since brand new and has signs of the same...we have written to our distributer who informs us that Robinson is none the less interested and states buy another product if your not happy...well we are not happy at the slightest..........imagine you bought a 500,000 dollar motorcar and after 10 months corrosion starts popping through the paintwork..........you would tell them to go to h%ll.
we will not cop the cost of this as ive stated to our distributer......unfortunately Mr Robinson has the monopoly on the range and his product is slipping in quality......his machines 10 years ago were much better..........look out heli expo next year i will get my own back at the robinson party via copious amounts of beer
same as Mike.our aircraft are always hangared, regularily washed and shamied, and only corrosion in the tail area