PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skywatch - hazard?????
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2007, 11:26
Final 3 Greens

Short Stripper

You wrote...As far as the original post goes ... It's funny how we are happy to accuse the press of poor reporting when it comes to aviation accidents ect, but are happy to go along with them when they suggest pilot ineptitude, big brotherism or whatever backs up our own beliefs. Do you really think that Skywatch and the police would advocate microlight pilots breaching the ANO by flying low level over housing estates to pick up on the odd petty criminal? C'mon, get real!

I never said or implied the above, please read my post, here it is for your convenience...

Did anyone see the TV news coverage of the 'Skywatch' scheme in the Milton Keynes area.

Apparently there is a group of private microlight pilots who are such aces that they have time to monitor the ground for activities such as people building unauthorised bonfires and then to report this by radio to the police for investigation.

Does anyone else view this as being a bad thing generally? I would prefer all private pilots to focus on flying the plane, seeing and avoiding, navigating and communicating on aviation matters.

I thought that this was a well meaning but potentially fatally misguided scheme and the police should know better than to take part in this.

I think you owe me an apology for your comment or should at least delete it.