PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How can we educate the Public on the Pilot Shortage!
Old 26th Oct 2007, 09:37
Pass-A-Frozo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PlankBender
Where on earth did you pick up that any industry will pay workers what they can afford?? Excuse my language, but that's bullst!
It begs the question - are you suggesting that any industry will pay workers what they cannot afford?
I would love to state my price and tell them what I expect but there is always other pilots who are willing to prostitue themselves in the name of scoring a flying gig. It really ticks me off when I see some pilots do this. It makes it hard to negotiate decent conditions.
Well it ticks me off to see people telling others what they should work for. If they are happy performing those duties for those wages then that's great.
Everyone has a price at which they would perform a certain job. What you are advocating is that everyone should only do a certain job for the price you would be happy with.
It shouldn't be easy to demand what you want when there are others who want to do the same job. Just like buying homes. If lots of other people want that house it isn't easy to negotiate the terms you want as the owner has other options.

Last edited by Pass-A-Frozo; 26th Oct 2007 at 09:50.