PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet buys GB Airways
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2007, 08:31
Norman Stanley Fletcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doug - 'The Management' I fell out with was the management of PPRUNE and not easyJet!

I realise that you are not a big easyJet fan, as is your right, and as a fully fledged BALPA Member (who voted 'NO' by the way!) I am in no doubt as to the challenges that face us overseas. I also have to say that your somewhat negative take on easyJet is an increasingly minority view - but that does not mean that there are not battles to be fought. Nonetheless, I think I am in a reasonably informed position to compare the two companies. Notwithstanding the valid points you make, albeit with a slightly more negative view than my own, I still believe easyJet is a great place to be right now - particularly at Gatwick. As one of a handful of people who have worked for both companies I also stand by my view that overall this is a better place to work than GB. That is not in any way to knock GB, who were very good to me, but on balance easyJet is better.

Incidentally, you still pay for BA staff travel - it is not free. It is perfectly possible to pay 20 quid single including taxes on easyJet staff travel on any of our routes. It is not free, but is not bad either.

Anyway, the good folks at GB must make up their minds. They will be most welcome here and we will then see if BA are able to fight us. I have no doubt we will go head-to-head with BA on nearly all their routes and there can only be one winner - us!