PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet buys GB Airways
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2007, 07:40
MaxAOB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NSF -as ever a sensible and informative post. GB is/was great but times change and we have all been concerned about the future; now we know - at least we will be keeping our jobs and like you say most will benefit. It is in the office that there will be the most concern and there will have to be redundancies, i reckon that most of our older cabin crew will also leave. We all hoped that BA would buy us but it rapidly became obvious that WW wasn't interested, now lets all work hard to make easy the biggest uk airline and watch them struggle to compete as they restart their own AGP and other services. Staff travel with BA is much overrated, the pension will be a blow but i wasn't expecting the Pru scheme to sustain me in old age. I hope that our date of joining GB will be used on entry to Easy - as per GO employees (i am led to believe), and think that will ameliorate most concerns. I personally think that night flights will creep into easy now on the canaries and cyprus routes but doubt if SSH and HRG will stay in the schedule. Do you think that GIB and FNC will stay?
I have had some excellent years at GB and remember when you 'jumped ship', looking forward to becoming orange and working with you all and thank you to everyone for their positive and welcoming posts. The future looks bright.