PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How can we educate the Public on the Pilot Shortage!
Old 26th Oct 2007, 02:39
Charliethewonderdog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chaliethewonderdog, what is the outcome you wish to achieve? Educate the public for what reason?
So as to have a balanced argument against the Companies veiw point as to why te SHORTAGE HAS occured. To let the share holders of these companies know how the management has bcaused the Shortage.
I'm actually supportive of aircraft's argument on this one. If you feel that pilots have been screwed, then shame on you. You and every other pilot in Australia could take your services elsewhere if you felt you weren't getting paid enough.
Or we could negotiate a better deal. Would the general public be in favour of guruda pilots, ot 1 to 2 go pilots, Air China Pilots....etc... replacing Australian pilots because we have left for better jobs overseas???
That's not to say I don't support an increase in wages. I do! However, the reason why wages have been so low for years is not the sole blame of airline company execs. They have a job to do and that is to reduce their costs and increase their profits as much as they possibly can. The pilots en masse had very little bargaining power and zero negotiating skills. The corporate execs don't come to work wondering which pilots they can bust down each day.
Who else is to blame then????? I suppose it's not their fault that pilots ARE leaving for overseas for better paying jobs??? by the way the Airlines in Australia are as profitable as any other aviation sector around the world.
(Unfortunately, this isn't a good forum for the airline exec. Any one of them who tried to represent the other side would immediately be on the defensive and his/her argument wouldn't have much opportunity to be heard.)
Maybe because these exec's have been told about the shortage for so long but they didn't believe it and didn't act and they have to defend their actions or lack of actions to the shareholders why nothing was done. re: rex managements spin.
Any exec can came on here and put up an argument. Maybe they haven't got one. To busy lining there own pockets with huge profit bonuses.
"You get what you negotiate!"
hang on what are you saying????? leave or stay????? shall I stay and negotiate or move overseas???
You're in a much better position to negotiate your service fees these days and it's getting more favourable with each day. If you go into a meeting with the intention to be the screwer and not the screwee, I can almost guarantee you'll come out as the victim. Know your price and your worth, leave the malice outside and negotiate as a professional and not as a thug.
Who mentioned screwing any one over???????? We know our price and we are undervalued, the proof of that is simply, THERE IS A PILOT SHORTAGE!!!!!
I dont know who your are but I dont think you added anything to this thread.
What a company like REX refuses to do is to ask it's workers what conditions that they would STAY on with. ??????? to much to ask????