PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet buys GB Airways
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2007, 21:31
hapzim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like Hapzim was right back in February then.
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=263698

thanks for the reminder Flying Tom

All one of my other posts from a private forum in june 05, I think uncle Dickie at Virgin was looking in, apology for giving a slight thread creep.

Just to reconfirm ????????? point, it is take off to land that is recorded in the tech log and is factored into the operating cost of airframe and engines. Time spent at the hold points awaiting stands to become free does not. BA lose heaps with their landing slot policy by sitting in the BIG hold as no point in landing as our ramp slot is at X time. Keeps engineering in profit though. Plus fuel burn in the air is far greater and think of those CO2 emissions. The next big tax on aviation.

Soon be tugged to holding point and given engine start as one ahead lines up. That will affect the logbook hours. Get far more flights in our 90 hours per month (30 mins per flight block time, 20 days work = 10 hours more time in the air per month )

reading my post above I will have to become a bean counter and award myself a big pay rise/bonus and a pat on the back.

Hapzim