PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet buys GB Airways
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2007, 20:48
Half_Cuban

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd also like to extend my welcome to all the folks from GB, I have worked for Easyjet for just under 2 years now and in that time I've seen a huge improvement in working conditions. It's far from the company it was when it bought over GO.

Sure there are things which could do with being improved ......is that not the case with any airline though.

For me the reason that I don't intend to work anywhere else is that it's a regional airline as well as being international, I get home every night and didn't have to move to the other side of the country to get a job, yes the days are quite long but I know that after my 5 lates I get 4 days off and 3 off after 5 earlies and that's written in stone so I can plan things well in advance. I get to fly one of the most modern fleets in the industry, the people I work with are great and generally very upbeat, the company is very profitable so i don't need to worry about my future employment which is what most of us need when we've got kids and a mortgage, the standards at Easyjet are second to none. The salary is better than most.

During July I did 57 block hours, August 78 block hours, Sept 58 block hours, I reckon I'll do around 700 hours this year and don't feel that i've been run into the ground.

We have strong union representation who have done a lot for us recently and hopefully will continue to do so, like i said everything is not perfect but I'm very happy where i am as are most of the crew working for Easyjet, for those of you who don't intend to stay good luck where ever you end up, for those that do don't believe all you read on pprune you could be in a far worse place.

Regards