PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger touches down in Melbourne
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2007, 15:41
factsonly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gentlemen,

I have to agree with cocoblue and other lifestyle orientated fellows. I'm presently a 747-400 captain flying around the world and putting everything else aside, the money at Tiger is sufficient for me to return to Oz on the A320 and spend some time with my children while they are still young. The long haul lifestyle simply flogs me to death and the prospect of driving to and from work each day and spending each night in my home, in my bed and able to pat my dog fills me with joy. I expect to work hard but after 13 years in the military, it's nothing, however they roster me. It simply cannot be worse than KA! Tiger is not going to be for everyone but the sort of lifestyle that was enjoyed by people at AN before the collapse is simply not to be found anywhere these days, only enjoyed by people who happen to be employed by the legacy carriers such as QF. I feel that this is because of the encrouchment of the LCC and if you don't think the dynamic has dramatically changed in terms of increased productivity for a reduced cost you probably need to think again and accept the reality of the new(ish) environment. I believe it all comes down to what you want at a particular point in your career. If money is what you want, there are jobs out there that pay more but everything comes at a cost. There used to be a perfect job and for me in terms of lifestyle that was AN, but it has long gone. Whether some other job is better, who's to say but life has reluctantly taught me to make decisions upon the facts now and your priorities now, not what they may be at some indeterminant point in the future.