PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet buys GB Airways
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2007, 15:15
countdownconundrum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On one hand, many of the people at GB are nevous about the thought of the bright orange brigade etc etc. On the other hand I'm sure some of you are very fascinated!

Let me make one thing crystal clear. I though ej was full itself and a little too much orange, but.. crickey, I'm very impressed. Joined here a few years back, and must admit, I love it.

Transparent management strategies, clear view of the future, and a very strong flight ops team.

Believe me, you will be lucky to be taken over by ej, the job security and promotion, the load of other bases, not to mention the fixed roster! wow

There are some people who just cannot be satisfied, and for those - just leave now, you won't fit in! But to spit the dummy and just assume the worst about ej is immature. easyjet is huge! it is a great place to work! and all the bulldust about orange brigades is all rubbish.

They are admittedly very prescriptive, they are very very conservative.. but thats ok, they have so many different backgrounds, they need to be strict.

I have never worked more than 7-800 hrs per year, and only once done more than 90 hours in a month. I have always gotten my leave, roster and pay has never been late! Aircraft are all brand new (airbus fleet), and they have never questioned my decisions as captain.

Good luck guys! welcome :-)