PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBE - 5
Thread: FlyBE - 5
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2007, 12:45
excrab

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Is "airbus commander" just winding people up ?

As far as I know Flybe have never had a hull loss incident leading to any passenger fatality, or indeed a hull loss incident full stop. I guess he is refering to dash 8 crews and it is interesting to note that the most significant incident to date on a flybe Q400, leading to a full evacuation at LBA was dealt with in an exemplary manner (if that is spelt correctly) by a crew whose captain had 4,150 hours TT, so possibly about 5,000 hrs combined experience on the flight deck.

Obviously I don't know which airline Airbus Commander flies his airbus into BHD for so cannot comment on their operation. But to put hours in the flight deck into perspective, with a similar (20yrs +) of flying experience, every time I drive up the M1 past the EMA approach lights I cant help wondering what it must have felt like when a crew with 16,360 hours between them finally realised that it was to late to restart the good engine. And everytime I think "there but for the grace of God..." and remind myself that with experience and familiarity can also come complacency.