PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet buys GB Airways
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2007, 10:10
ATC83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly nomorenightflights.....from what your name suggests you obviously dont like night flights...Easyjet rarely fly through the night, if at all over the winter! So how is it a bad place? think what your saying is a load of
For a start, you're talking about the dodgy orange cabin crew uniform....take it you haven't seen the new one then! You say you stayed for the transition period then left....how can you expect any transition like that to flow completely smoothly? All I can say is that I have flown with quite a few ex Go people and they seem to be enjoying life here.

Anyway guys at GB, just for my 2 pence worth... easy has definately got better over the last couple of years...the fixed roster is great and crewing are quite happy to try to get you on a similar roster to your mates if you ask, if at all possible...same days off with mates = £30 return staff travel for a couple nights on the lash somewhere in europe!

The leave system is great...on 3 occasions I have logged online and dates I have wanted have been red meaning not available...however you call the leave office and everytime they have managed to move things around so I got the exact days I wanted...so they are more than helpful.

This 900hr low cost vision is just a number that people associate with low cost!!! Put it this way, this month I am working 60 hrs, last month I did 75 and the month before I did 55. And I have not had a change to my roster for nearly 6 months! So its not a bad place to be at all! Everyone is great to work with, both flight deck and crew, and 99% of people I fly with are happy at easyjet...me personally, I have no children/not married etc and still enjoy it....for the guys that do have children I can think of no better place to be...you are home much more of the time being on the fixed pattern. And the good news...because we're overcrewed at moment you rarely get called on standby days too

To put it in perspective, you are going to be flying new aircraft, to a variety of new destinatins, quick command for FO's, (The company hopes to be double its current size in 5 years so outlook is good!). Easyjet has a strong position in the industry and the way things are going its a pretty secure job. No brainer really!

The company has changed massively since the days of the GO transition!