PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2007, 20:06
Virgin89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the pink, I have to reply to your comments.

BA is a different model to VS. One of the main reasons that BA makes a lot more money than VS is that they have not invested, until recently with their new Club World Product, any money in new products or aircraft.

They have made their first order for A/C since 2000, where as we have made investments all the way through. We had new A/C coming into service at least twice a year, this a huge cost.

Don't get me wrong, I think there should be money in this for crew and this is not an excuse, however by not now investing in any new A/C untill 2011 this gives VS the chance to start to use the assets they have now and to spend the profits on other things, i.e crew.

Virgin have a great route network, however one that is very competative with other carriers and with return on sales being so low at the moment this is another reason that we are not making the same return that BA are.

Agree or disagree with what Management do, that is one that I am not getting into. Management in any company will always be looked on as the bad guys. In a way being an FSM I am looked on by many crew as someone to be wary of, until they get to know me.

They get to know me on long flights and long layovers, however management on the ground don't get that chance as often to get to know everyone.

I don't agree some of your comments but it's your say and how you feel, and I think it's good that eveyone has their chance to say how they feel.

Will this deal get rejected. I'm not so sure. Will it be close? yes it will, for sure. If we stike will we all be here in the same positions in a years time? No for sure. Having been here before I know what the answer is here.

Virgin pilots gave up a lot to get their deal and the facts behind this aren't what is being said on line. They gave up their airshare as well as increased their productivity by 100+ hours per month. The crew made it clear that they don't want to give up anything. Who's fault is it that there isn't more money in the pot for other things?