PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Springboks
Thread: Springboks
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2007, 12:15
Jamex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jamex, we the English have, as you have said, graciously conceeded defeat.

Perhaps you might learn some lessons on gloating and living up to the stereotype of South Africans being abhorrantly arrogant when it comes to sport. (re. your last post)

Well, this does'nt just take the cake, it takes the whole bakery!! This started out as a light-hearted, humerous, celebration of the Springboks RWC win. You, Southcoast, chose to whinge, whine and carry on like a petulant brat! Read your previous posts. Whenever the poms get beaten at anything, which happens more often than not, the other side is "arrogant"! Michael Schumacker was "arrogant" for winning all those races AND championships, the Aussies were "arrogant" for not just conceding the Ashes to England and so the list goes on and on. Whenever an England sporting side loses at anything, the accusation of arrogance on the part of the other side gets taken out, brightly polished and press-ganged back into use by England supporters. This is becoming somewhat irritating, boring, childish and so predictable. The fact of the matter is the world owes England nothing. No-one will roll over and play dead just so you can win. The sun has set on the British Empire and no amount of crying is going to change that. No amount of pictures taken well before the ball was grounded will change the fact the toes were at least on the line and the ball was therefore out of play and the try will not be awarded. The William Webb Ellis trophy is coming to South Africa. For the record, I did not say you graciously conceded anything, I asked you to graciously concede. If you had, you would have allowed us to enjoy the win and you would not have been so quick to try and rain on our parade. I would be amongst the first to congratulate England and their supporters should they win RWC 2011 in NZ. Something you were not big enough to do, Sir.

Last edited by Jamex; 22nd Oct 2007 at 14:22.