PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has saluting had its day?
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2001, 00:57
Felixmini

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But with all due respent my friend, if in the same situation as i am, you'd probably think the same thing. Ok, i know its wrong for me not to bollock the life out of aircrew for not saluting, but in the end, its a gesture, thats all saluting is. We;re all one community in the end. I do agree with that it is respect for the monarch, and yes the commision shows i'm working for the queen, but everyone who salutes you or i is only saluting the commission that we all share. i'm not saying that its wrong for people to put there flat palm up to there eye brow, but in the end we're all serving the queen. Plus... do you know how hard it is for someone to salute while riding a bike?? I'm new to riding ( yes i know its wierd... being able to fly millions of £ worth of airplane but not a bike, but we have to learn some how) and i'd rather not let go if you know what i mean. But when walking around, i get salutes, lots of em, but the occasional one i do have to remind, but i don't get down there throats about it.
i do have mixed feelings about the subject, as since rolling out of IOT and having your first salute by those arses that have shouted at you for months does have an effect on ones self asteem. But if we all keep at it, as many of others have said, its kept a tradision that the British forces has kept since the begginning. Keep up the good work everyone, and i hope this doesn't get too out of hand.
Sorry to have got on your t1ts.
Felix