PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has saluting had its day?
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2001, 17:28
Yozzer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some interesting replies for which I thank you. I believe that the gate guards are briefed not to salute anybody, though the staishes car usually manages one, and in field conditions / operational sites, you do not salute. Rumour has is that no officer at High Wycombe gets a salute unless he has stars on the car, though that sounds like pants. Which raises the question:

As we no longer jowst (s?) and aircrew rarely wear uniform anyway (SES is just that SES, not uniform, and yes I am aircrew) if we kissed off the whole idea tomorrow, would it be missed?

After all, our army brethren insist on wearing camouflaged rank that you can never see until its too late, and is not the AAC the most junior of all services? ..and for Helmut, is not Westlands finest the Wessex??

God knows how many WO2 get saluted and Majors that do not! What would be the consequence for a genuine objector to the monarchy who refused to oblige, (in this day of euro rights etc) All hypothetical, but I have learnt a bit from this thread which made getting out of bed this morning worthwhile.