PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Baggage rules change again
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2007, 05:56
bealine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the maximum weight limit for one person to handle, Europe-wide, is 25 kg if you're handling freight The HSE is still procrastinating over correcting the anomaly, which is resulting in many permanent injuries among those who lift bags.

It's not as simple as "if you can't do the job, get out" - by the time someone realises they can't do the job, they may be permanently injured. As I've said before on this forum, there's a world of difference between lifting your bags in and out of your car twice a year, and manhandling them on your knees in a cramped aircraft hold all day, every day!

In any case, the 2 pieces at 32kg system just encourages people to take loads of stuff they don't really need, contributing greatly to greenhouse gas emissions. People really should be encouraged to take less!

Oh, by the way, I have never handled bags. The majority who do, would not dream of stealing from you - as always, one or two bad apples tarnished their reputation. However, this SLF forum has a nasty habit of insulting airline staff and, as long as this continues, will not serve any positive purpose!

I knew there was a reason why I stopped posting.............