PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Pay and Conditions
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2007, 04:14
knotaloud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charles,
Let me answer your questions using reality, rather than nyc's delusional figures!

You start on 26,500QR a month, plus 1,500 transport allowance and this is what you are paid monthly. 28,000QR.

WHEN....... you are cleared to the line, they start paying you the 120QR per BLOCKED (Rostered) hour. For example, if you are rostered for 60 and fly 70, you are only paid 60. Likewise, if rostered 60 and they take a 10 hour trip off you, you will be paid for 50.

For a 70 hour month, you will take home a TOTAL of 36,400QR, which is just about exactly 10,000USD.

You are not paid the flying allowance whilst on your 6 weeks leave so do your own calculations on your yearly salary or read my post on another thread here. If you decide to do the interview, ask them about sick leave, or the lack thereof!

If you choose to find your own place, you will be given 12,300QR per month with which to do with as you see fit. If you want to live in a dog box or share a place like a college student, you will take home some change out of that. If you wish to live reasonably, don't count that money. It belongs to a greedy landlord.

New joining captains are given a 3 bedroom villa which is generally quite suitable to your needs. If you have lots of kids, you might find a friendly senior pilot who will swap his 4 bedroom one.

Finally, you do not get a per diem. You get some small change as reimbursement for meals taken down route. If you take your own noodles or eat McDonalds, you'll be happy to receive the extra 1,500 (approx) in your pay slip.

So there are the facts. Don't be conned by the "package" which includes the accommodation allowance and meal reimbursement.
It's a real pity that the company can't see far enough to offer a decent wage for the job. QR gets pilots but cannot keep them once the reality of the cost of living sinks in. The 'value' of the US dollar and the inflation rate here cause pilots to look elsewhere.

As I said in another thread. Don't come here for the money!