PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Pay and Conditions
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2007, 00:49
tuan74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let me try to answer some of the questions..

1. There's no difference in basic pay whether you're type rated or not or which fleet you're put in.

2. Basic pay for F/Os start from Qr18,000 with 3% increment yearly.

3. Housing allowance is Qr10,000. With that in Doha you won't get anything fancy... maybe a 2 rooms apartment in the slump. My advice take the Co. apartment ( it's not great but at least save you the headache dealing with the greedy landlords )

4. Transport allowance is Qr1500 fixed.

5. Utilities allowance is Qr300 ( You won't be entitle for this if staying in Co. apartment )

6. Medical insurance is covered up to 100,000GBP peryear with 2000GBP peryear for outpatient perhead. No dental coverage though except for emergency cases ( Good luck claiming for that..)

7. Child education is Qr50,000 peryear anywhere but only for the school fees. In Doha right now school is one of the biggest problem due to lack of places for expat kids and with the amount that QR is paying it's only enough
for maybe 2-3 kids depending which school you choose.

8. Perdiem..well it depends where you go of course. A330 is maybe the best fleet for layover so far.

9. Lost of licence USD100,000.

10. Days off call up pay is Qr(0.05xBasic salary) perday.

That's all I can think of right now..some figures might be inaccurate ( someone please correct it if it is)

Life in Doha is, I would sum it as a bit boring..( then again it depends where you come from..) There's nothing much to look for here. One has to really find a good activity to keep sane. It's quite a safe country (except on the roads maybe..)

People in QR ( I'm talking specifically about pilots) are a bunch of nice people to work with. Well there are of course 1 or 2 as**oles but then again which airline doesn't have any...?

If you do joined Qr be prepared to have some shocked of your life too... for here they have numbers of rules which is quite ridiculous to anybody regardless where you come from. Just learn one word to get by...here it comes... "What to do..." (must be pronounced in Indian slang).

Massalama..