PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2007, 16:02
Virgin89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scoobydoo, I don't agree with all your comments but you do make some good points.

I have also asked myself the question over the past few months, "why would I tick the yes box when they keep going back round the table?" What would make anyone tick the yes box if we always thought there was a better deal. If they offered 5% would we say no and go for 6%, then 7% and on and on.

I've done my research and spoken to many people about this over the past few months and I have to say I do believe them.

For all the bad mouthing that management are getting at the moment there are also some good people in there. People that I trust are normal and that in the past have helped me out, given me paid time off for various reasons over the past that other companies wouldn't even dream of giving.

Most of the money that VS has in the bank is made up of advance pax sales, sales that in the event of a stike would dwindle as VS would have to give that money back. We are only as strong as the pasengers that have the confidence in us. Confidence that we will operate certain flights on certain days. We rely on a good cash flow to survive and from after attending one of the OBM meetings last week got to hear all about this, what we have in the bank and how we use this.

Do we want more? Yes of course we do Scoobydoo. Will we get it? Well I hope so. I just feel that the past few months has put all of us in a much stronger position when we go into the next round of pay talks, in 12 months time

Don't tranish everyone with the same brush in that Ivory tower Scooby, it's not fair. There are many genuine people in this company, both in the air and on the ground.

Give it 12-months and I bet the next deal starts off a lot better than this. You can't sort out all the issues with pay during one pay deal. You can however sort it out over time, which is what I think VS will do from now on.

I could be wrong and if I am then I will eat my hat.

Take care
Virgin 89

Last edited by Virgin89; 21st Oct 2007 at 20:51.