PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger touches down in Melbourne
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2007, 13:57
cocoblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone-first post
Vb Mel base does lot less than 15 O/N.Bne does a bit more.Jet* and Tiger (what has been proposed)with no overnights will mean you drive back and forth to work everyday.(adds to overall tiredness as we all don't live beside the airport)You cannot have everything.There is give and take.
What it comes down to in my humble opinion is how much you want to live in Aus.For that you work fairly hard(LCC) but you have clean air ,open space and an enviroment you are used to.Overseas has advantages,in some cases more money or better conditions,progression,becoming culturally more aware etc..-what it comes down to is what is important to you as an individual and how much you are willing to sacrifice for it.No where is perfect.I came back from O/S to work for one of the LCC in Aus.The reason why I am back overseas is because I think that Aus provides the best lifestyle in the world but working for J* or VB and maybe Tiger will not allow you to enjoy this lifestyle over a longer period as it is extremely hard to sustain this sort of flying and not getting fatigued in the long term.Just my experience and I fully appreciate that people may disagree.
Cheers