PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Springboks
Thread: Springboks
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2007, 11:49
south coast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Jamex...
Yes, you won, congrats.

Thats the difference between us, you would be whining like you wouldnt believe if it had been the other way round, probably claiming racism.
We accept it, I am not 100% sure one way or the other if it was a try, but either way, nothing will change the facts this morning.

But bear one thing in mind, you will not have Jake White, half your team is going to play in Europe as of the coming season and will probably never play as the same team again, your rugby/sport is rotten with politics and from being world champs, there is only one way to go...(ask England)

Also, not an excuse, a fact. You guys played good rugby throughout the competition, but you had only 2 games against a recognised team, both those games were against England.

The top half of the competition had New Zealand, Australia, England and France in it, your half had, SA, Argentina, Fiji and ...(cant remember who it was, Scotland perhaps- but that just goes to show) a much easier route to the final.

I know that is luck of the draw and we would all rather the easier route to the final, but not even I claim England has been near a competetive side since the last World cup final, so I think you can thank your lucky stars it was against England in the final and not France or NZ.

So, on reflection, you are worthy winners and you should be proud and enjoy it, but arrogance is not a pleasant traite.

Last edited by south coast; 21st Oct 2007 at 12:21.