Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2007, 07:43
Richard Taylor
Fit like min?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bmi drop Kristiansand for winter

To return in the summer 2008 schedules.

But this is supposed to be a route serving the oil & gas industry, not a leisure route. The oil industry is a 24/7 operation, I could understand it if it was a leisure route, as they come & go depending on the season.

The likes of SVG, BGO, OSL aren't being totally axed "for the winter".

So 3 of the 4 recently introduced bmi Reg routes out of ABZ have now been axed - AMS, BRU & now KRS. Only GRQ remains of those introduced, but you wonder for how much longer.

I for one doubt KRS will be back, at least not with bmi. Will be happy to be proved wrong, if someone in bmi Reg is prepared to confirm.

Again, I wonder whether the E135/145 fleet is the right one for bmi at ABZ. Save MAN & the odd LHR, I think it is too big for many of the ABZ routes, which just don't have the sufficient numbers to justify it. And even LHR isn't always full on an Embraer! Seems no matter how bad BA get (& they do), people aren't prepared to sacrifice their perks!!

Perhaps move the Embraers elsewhere & use something else for ABZ - but would bmi Reg be prepared to add another type to the fleet? Something smaller/more fuel efficient? I doubt it.

The catchment area & lack of inbound tourists may always plague this area.