PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2007, 17:48
scoobydooo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virgin89

We have a great lifestyle at VS, much better than any other airline and once salaries are addressed I firmly believe everyone will be a lot happier and content.
May I ask you what makes you think the that the pay will ever be addressed properly ?

I am also pleased that this new deal has addressed all the things that I didn't like about the last deal
I agree the last deal was terrible and this one looks like roses in comparison to that, I don't honestly think that was pure coincidence - do you ?

and finally think that VS management have learnt a real lesson with this and how it was handled. This is a starting block for the future.
Why do you believe that ? Try and convince me why I should believe anything management say at the moment - the same management that have undertaken these pay talks in the fashion they have, have been trying to sell this deal, posting on this site and others and generally operating like a political party in election year...

A further question to you is what would make the perfect deal ? You have said how this one addressed all the points in the last one (not hard really). You said once pay is sorted out everyone will be a lot happier. So if you think that needs to be sorted out why not force the company to go back to the negotiating table and sort it out rather than just laying down and rolling over ? If your answer to that is because I dont want to strike and crumble the company fair play, but we both know like every other time the company has said it wont go back to the table... it has !! Do you honestly think the parties involved would not sit down and talk further before letting an actual strike go ahead ?

It's pure and simple scare tactics.

safe flight.