PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rishworth 777 contract
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2007, 14:38
galdian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks oldboldpilot - great to see people posting info without turning it into a drama session.
I am sure there are many like myself who are just interested to see what's going on contract-wise around the world.

If the contract is as you advise (understand not doubting your figures) an interesting mix, the main concern being the tax (which from posts of a few months ago is an ongoing sh*t fight for Rishworth in India in general.)
If you could control/negate the tax then the carrot (15 days consecutive off) would be enticing to some - assuming the requirements of "crewing" don't turn them into a mirage. Sure THAT would never happen!

Accommodation, however handled, will leave a dent in finances and seems travel is unclear to an extent that both the costs and frustrations may be unpleasant surprises.

Interesting you are an "independant contractor" whilst Rishworth will be getting their fees each month, every month, having "delivered" you to the airline and Rishworth appear to provide little in way af ongoing support.

Oh - and I have a sneaking suspicion they would have gotten a kickback from your 777 endorsement; if not then very slack of Rishworth - business wise shame, shame, shame!

Seems India and Rishworth don't mesh that well for whatever reason.

OPEN QUESTION: anyone care to mention other contractors operating on behalf of airlines in India??
The good, bad and ugly??