PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So where are all the jobs then?
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2007, 05:20
lil_blueberry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats with this 40Hr week thing

Alwaysmovin,

this is not a normal career.....thinking about the rest of us is a load of hog wash sometimes simply because if you don't take the job your hours and experience wont change and neither will your prospects.....

UNLESS THERE IS A MASS PILOT STRIKE THINGS WILL CHANGE EXCRUCIATINGLY SLOWLY

I agree, think WE not ME
, and thats what I did when I gave a young upstart twin time and an endorsement on a C208 (and gave up some of that time/pay for myself) in return for him working hard and being a good bloke he will get the right hours and not have to post questions regarding where the jobs are..... (support your fellow pilots even though the employers sometimes dont)

I am not saying accept dangerous jobs and foolhardy financial prospects but surely one who enters the workforce and is not prepared to do the hard yards (both in pay and time) simply does not deserve the job due to the silver spoon attitude. You get nothing for nothing! Unfortunately the only place i could bargain for my wage was skydiving (sorta) and instructing (now that there is a shortage).

generally most places wont make you work more than the CAO's limit but it comes down to what are you getting out of it?

After a few hours under your belt you definitely have more bargaining power and can afford to tell the boss that's not good enough but until then low time pilots cannot afford snob the industry/GA..... hell we all gotta eat! And working hard does build character.

So if your really worried about a job, go get an instructing job where you could almost name your price and be employed.........but hey everyone wants that top job/pay first! until then........

Peace out and happy prospects.........