PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Brunei Airlines
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2007, 03:05
xrba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with the previous comments about CD as a trainer, during my time I found him OK, straighter than most, although he did show incipient signs of long-term-residency syndrome [going troppo it used to be called] with his infamous “Dive into DXB” and other tricks. However, is the latest in the line of Great White Hopes really going to be concerning himself with the vagaries of the training regime or pilot rosters when there might just be more pressing concerns for him given the current state of RBA? I hope he does for everyones’ sake, there is no-one else to do it, just don’t hold your breath waiting.

I am amazed that any well qualified pilots are willing to join, or remain in RBA for the current salary, which must be one of the lowest anywhere, usually it is one of the major attractions of the expat job to compensate for the privations of the place. Saving on it these days must put one in line for the AB trophy! He was proud of living on BND700 a month, but very quietly! In my day the wives solved the shopping problem simply, it was called 421/429. Best not tell them about Staff Travel!!

Let’s hope that when the current worldwide hiring band stops playing that there are seats for all who might like to sit down elsewhere.