PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UKIA
Thread: UKIA
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2007, 02:46
Mike16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi

Well with regards to the phone that see's a smile, i know this will sound silly, but you kind of know when someone is nice and polite to you on a call, and this is what i mean't.....
When i rang EMA the first time to enquire about this airline, i got through to the information desk in the terminal building.
I also have to agree with what someone else has said here, when BA launched the TFS flights there was loads of fanfare, it was in the local press, Derby Notts and Leics, also i saw a few billboard posters in Derby city Centre and i also saw the launch on Central News.
Someone else also said they may not advertise as the work is done thru travel agents, well i hope it is, that is what they are paid to do, sell flights, but surely in this day and age, the more advertising the more revenue and public awareness you would get ?
If this airline does prove popular, it may be good for us Non - pilgrmage users to try the middle east, personally myself, i love the middle east but have always used the Eithad flight from Man, as this is ideal there, but a service like them from EMA is only good news, i just PERSONALLY find it very weird that a company like UKIA have a very poor website, looks homemade to be honest and with no media support, but hey what do i know....
Well take care guys and have a great day

Mike