PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skywestfirst with carbon emission programme
Old 18th Oct 2007, 00:14
Dark Knight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As PT Barnum said `There is one born every minute' and they are out there suckered into one of the greatest scams around purchaising carbon credits.

Ranking with the Nigerian Email Scams

Who is checking to see if these credits are, like all the money contributed to charities, etc, particlularly World Vision, is actualy spent planting trees or other carbon eating varieties?

Read a couple of the websites touting being green and chack to see if they say where the money is actually being spent?

And how many trees per flight?

And for how long?

Do grass, bushes, shrubs or other plannts absorb, regurgitate carbon dioxide, etc? My old chemistry & Physics lessons tended to teach they did.

And, they are telling us to eat more of one of our National symbols Kangaroo meat instead of Beef. Who stuck a gasometer up the asses of each to measure the greenhouse gas emisions of both?

And, where are the printed results?

Plus there are more Kanagoroos than cows therefore it should follow Kangaroos, per se, produce more GGE's than beef? ( particularly if we produce more?)

What effect does Kangaroo meat have on the human digestive system and does this not cause the said system to produce more GGE's? Study and results please?

Me? I'll just leave the carbon credit offset purchases to others thanks.

Plus I planted a tree or two however, they died as I was not allowed to water them.

DK