PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Brunei Airlines
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2007, 02:47
xrba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
icom, you are probably correct, the place would have been on it’s knees years ago but for some of you long term expats, just don’t expect to be paid properly, or even thanked for your efforts. Is Brunei inc. a registered charity then?
As for pilots with thousands of hours on the 767 passing a 777 course, it would be an absolute disgrace if they didn’t! It is hardly the sternest challenge in aviation for them to fly through a course that many are surprised Boeing couldn’t arrange to be a common rating from the UK CAA. As for oddities, have you visited the training department recently, [much discussed on this thread]. Possibly you already work there, so can see nothing amiss. Still, why not strike the 767 fleet office a glancing blow to reinforce my surmises, although that has been improved slighty of late by the removal of one of the funnier [not haha] ones some time ago.
It will be an event of biblical proportions if the new CEO manages to achieve anything in Brunei. Many others, much vaunted, with similar backgrounds have tried to little effect. After 38 years of the aviation business is he really going to be worried if his efforts fall on stony ground, or will he pick up 3 years of good contract money to top up his pension [there, someone is well paid in RBA!] and slide off into the sunset, untroubled by what is left behind? I certainly would not be putting my faith in him, or his balls, or god helping him, or his A**E being bitten by anyone, when jobs are temporarily available in outfits with better terms and conditions, but still, I’m probably just a cynic who doesn’t put his trust in you, or any blandishments from the management. Cold cash will do me nicely thank you.
Any comments about the other points I raised in my missive? For example it would be nice to see some movement in the forthcoming, and long awaited, court case, but I have my doubts. Too many skeletons in that particular cupboard.