PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2007, 12:33
sign-it-to-your-room

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi High!
I may be wrong but it seems as though its all the CSSs and FSMs that are voting yes and JNRs and SNRs that are voting no.
I think you quoted me in your last post. I mentioned some posts ago that after 13 years with the company and with my position as an FSM, I would like to see some loyalty from the company for my experience and expertise. I feel that the new pay deal almost does this, not quite, but almost and that is why I am voting yes. Before we know it the new pay deal will ready for talks again and I think there will be some significant changes within the UNION.
To be honest, I cant say I have been very impressed with Unite during this period. I have found their communication weak and that last offer with all those strings attached was pretty awful! Think I would have preferred the 2% with no strings!
However I dont forget all the other things that they have done such as days off before leave, maternity ground placement money etc etc.
I think if they had been seen to be working with the crew more as opposed to the company, then maybe people would have backed them more and groups like wedeservemoremoney would not have sprung up.

I personally feel as though the whole thing has got out of hand. So many crew are going to vote no with no real understanding of what strike action will do. Not all crew, I dont want to patronise, but silly groups on Facebook and postings of `Bring on the strike' make me cringe.
There is most certainly bad feeling within VAA now, which I think is such a shame and maybe something that we wont be able to reverse.

I mentioned earlier that I had lost some faith in the union, the poeple I have not lost faith in however are our Flight Deck. I have heard more sense come out of their mouths than anyone else in the Union. These guys are in the know and I personally feel are the best ones to lean on for advice and opinions.

I may be alone here, but I cant see the company stumping up any more cash. I think they have met us the middle which in my book is fair