PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NetJets Hours
Thread: NetJets Hours
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2007, 09:38
redsnail

PPRuNe Handmaiden

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts
Regarding passing through your "Gateway", I am EGGW "based" and I do go through there reasonably often. I rarely go home as such as it's easier to be with the crew if there's a change. If on standby on Day 6 then I go home "early" as I can be back at the airport in 20 or so minutes. Amex is right though, count on being away for 5 nights. Best thing, you're home for 5 days in a row and the roster (once you're online) is very stable. You can request special days off given enough notice (at least a month).

The Hawker 800XP that are coming on are XPCs. There are no "new" XPs (ie Honeywell). I think we only have about 10 "old" XPs left, the rest are XPCs. Most are XPi's now any way. The Hawker 750's will have the Collins Proline 21 with the IFIS fitted too.

Don't know the Falcon Classic (Collins Proline 4 I believe) v EASy's. All the new ones are EASy's from what I can tell and I believe the new new ones will be the LX versions.

Don't know when the 7X or the 4000's will be online. The engineers are being trained now for the 7X. Probably some time during 2008 and onwards. Both types are big orders. I wouldn't plan my joining Netjets on what type's coming online when.

Longhaul is usually the Falcon 900 and the G5/550. Medium to longish haul is the Falcon 2000's. (I don't fly those types).
Most number of sectors in 1 day that I have done is 5. I have done that twice in over 2 years. (On the Hawker fleet). Nowadays, average seems to be 2-3 with the occassional 4 sector day thrown in.

178 days is about right. 200 days - leave. Throw in 2 recurrents and a GRT and that's another 9 days minimum off active flying. Since you're paid a salary then you are paid regardless how many days flying you do. You're also paid your per diems any day you're not on home standby. You're also paid from Day 0. That is, the day you're flown to Lisbon to begin Indoc. You're also paid your per diems as well. Average days per month flying would be 15-17. Occassionally on tour, Day 1 and Day 6 end up being pure airlining/travel days. Although, it can change...

I waited 2 years for my upgrade but that's considered a long time. If you have previous jet time or turboprop command time and you are keen/adapt quickly, then it is a lot less. Average I'd say is about 6 to 9 months depending. I was happy to wait that long as I wanted to get a couple of winters under my belt and to be very comfortable with the jet as it was my first jet.

I like the job. It's interesting and challenging. You do meet some very interesting owners and on the whole, they're very easy to look after. You do get thrown curve balls every now and then, you're paid to solve the problem and to offer safe solutions - if it means cancelling a flight or diverting, then so be it. The aeroplanes are new and I have great colleagues. Catching up with colleagues down route is great. You're allowed to hand fly and it's not just SID Airway STAR ILS every day. Ok, you have to load bags and sort out catering... but on the whole, it's fun.