PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Brunei Airlines
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2007, 08:02
heresy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In a spin?

Well Flappy Wings, your statement is correct on all fronts.

It’s not a pity to watch, its’ an absolute travesty, particularly when so many people’s livelihoods and careers will be lost or destroyed. And it’s not entirely true that as a company they don’t care about those that work here, because over the past few years I have seen the management’s compassionate side on several occasions, especially during family crisis’s.
In the past few years there has been approx 9 SFO’s & 11 Capt’s resigned from the Airbus fleet alone? This is mainly due to the development and progression in their careers being held back by the training Dept and those they influence. There are too many influences within this organization that have been in senior management positions for too long and have not strived for greater development of the company and those that are trying to be part of it. Instead they have built their own little Empires, feathered their own nests and placed themselves in untouchable positions. Luckily some of them have now left the company, but just looking at what’s going on now, these guys are still fleecing the company one way or another. ( jobs for the boys? )

I personally have never come across a training manager with so much influence? So it’s either CD’s way or the highway!! There has been several very experienced Capt’s and F/O’s that are totally astounded by the way training is done, especially since their experience and abilities are always slapped down as soon as they arrive here. ( great CRM )
Anyone who dares to pass comment are immediately blacklisted as rogue elements and banished to the eternal damnation ( or night Darwins )? All this is very sad, as there is some great trainers within the company that are trying to do the right thing but are also afraid for their own positions to speak out.

I just hope the new CEO recognizes where the problems are and sets plans to rectify them before it is too late or the demise will happen.