PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2007, 15:49
virgin dolly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear all,

To all of you that have posted of late I feel that it's wonderful that we as crew can express our opinions as individuals.
The management are using scare tactics and there will be no redundancies. Virgin is expanding come open skies so Virgin will be flying business class flight out of Paris, Milan, Frankfurt etc, etc they will need everybody they can put there hands on in two and a half years time.
With the growth of Virgin Blue, Virgin Red and VA there is no chance of a fold up....!Just growth.
Now that recruitment has stopped we will soon be running crew down and variable manning will be with us for a long time. Don't forget about crew with buns in the oven like me, long time sickness and reduced rosters and crew leaving which is a lot. Can I say that the 900 hours is all that the CAA say we can work.....over that then we are being over worked. This was a massive blow the the company and why you see crew having one flight in a month because they are on high hours this is not fair. How long have the company been getting away with this.....years..Thank you CAA.

Virgin Nigeria...No company makes a profit for the first few years.....Sales are up though.... so think of the future and where do you think the money came from for the start up..... Virgin Group (the Cake)
We virgin are a slice of a cake in the virgin group like v cargo and V holidays. I have been told we don't get any money from v cargo or v holidays as they are separate companies. It's all about profits and moving cash around from company to company so there is money out there.
Ok if the management get a yes vote...fantastic they get their bonus for xmas. Crew get their money for xmas minus tax and that put most FSM's over a tax bracket so they will see far less.
Do you really think Virgin will let us strike.....? NO
Will RB let VA strike thats also the question...? NO
What will the public think of him if we do...?
Brand, Brand, Brand..
We are entering a time of unknown...I'm scared and who wouldn't be.
We will lose CM14 in the near future, we will be crew down and variable manning will stay....but Virgin will expand...
Profits now will stay small because of Singapore airlines.... Who likes to pay out when money can be move around...by the way what did happen to the 600 million from the 49% sale...Did it go to Virgin group or our expansion...but I was told our profits went on our expansion. Anyway what the company do with the money is there own business but when they say there is no money out there then think again.....we are getting bigger..
Credit cards are on the way .....new computers for crew check-in and briefing rooms.
So if you have been tolded there is no money out there.....Why has LM just sent you FSM's and letter saying the FSM pay will be addressed..Also during the forums with FSM's and CSS "we would like to see you better payed"..but management say there is no money..!
The two just don't meet up do they....One minute there is no money in the pot...the next FSM's and CSS pay will be addressed..? who is following the carrot..?

We as cabin crew have to start somewhere and voice our opinions very much like BA did years and years ago.....think of your future with Virgin...Virgin will grow...will your pay...look at your pension forcasts..?

Virgin Dolly

Last edited by virgin dolly; 13th Oct 2007 at 16:06. Reason: whoops