PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2007, 12:10
vs69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virgin CSS and Sign-it... At last a breath of fresh air! Having followed this thread since all the pay dispute its nice to see that some the people who have a fair degree of influence over some of the more 'malleable' members of the workforce have a level head on them and are being realistic, did anyone who is a member of facebook see the (now strangely absent) 'Bring on the strike' group,very worrying really,seemed to reek of 'give me more money and to hell with the consequences'.
I know there are more than two of you out there with a level sensible head who realise the consequences of a strike, for example you wont get paid for the time you arent in,and wont get paid at all if the company gets into the position of having to make redundancies should the worst happen which seemed to come as a shock to some of the less experienced types....At the risk of stating the obvious find me a job role / workforce where people DONT think they are worth more, over in engineering people get knocked back for tier rises (job role stays largely the same but you get more money) even though they may be more than deserving of the extra cash but there is no union,not much in the way of an appeal process,just have to get on with it,and yes the 2% offer was a little hard to swallow!Good luck guys, enjoy the pay rise.....